Open Urban Education Program
URBAN CULTURE TECHNOLOGIES: Experience of Russian, German and European Cities
- the Centre for German and European Studies (St.Petersburg State University – Bielefeld University)
- Institute for Design and Urban Studies
- Taiga, Dvortsovaya embankment, 20
Young architects, sociologists, geographers, artists, culture experts, cultural managers, curators, urbanists.
Under the programme there are 9 sessions, divided into 2 blocks: March – June and September-December (4 sessions for each block, the first event is open, the introduction will be in March). Each session is a dialogue between European and Russian experts about contemporary urban culture technologies. Each session includes a public lecture, a discussion and the following workshop. During the workshops, the students are prototyping, experimenting with new technologies in urban spaces of St. Petersburg.
Based on a competitive process, the best student of the programme will be able to have a research trip to one European city together with the ARTS4CITY team in July, 2017. During the research internship, the team will meet the leading experts and will learn more about urban culture projects. By the results of the internship, the articles will be written and published in the CGES Working Papers and in the ARTS4CITY book “Changing European and Russian Urban Culture”.
Payments и certificates
The education is paid, tuitions fees: 3500 rubles for each block (1 block includes 4 sessions). A student can participate in a separation session, the cost for one session is 1500 rubles.
The students, successfully finished the whole course (2 blocks), will have a certificate signed by ITMO University (St. Petersburg).
- Dialogue Play the City (March)
- Dialogue Walk for City (April)
- Dialogue Intervene the City (April)
- Dialogue Urban dance (May)
- Dialogue Urban Culture Festival (June)
- Dialogue Urban Prototyping (September)
- Dialogue Augmented Reality for Public Spaces (September)
- Dialogue Community House (October)
- Dialogue Participatory Budget (November)
The details (in Russian): http://www.tgk2017.tilda.ws/