ARTS4CITY aims to develop contemporary urban culture in Saint Petersburg, taking into account the cultural heritage. Being active researchers, artists and citizens, we are aimed to revitalize public spaces, to push rhetorical boundaries and to build and strengthen communities.
- activation of urban spaces, using cultural methods
- fostering the values of free urban culture and active citizens involvement
- training on social architecture, public space design, participatory prototyping, DIY urban studies and placemaking
- creation of stimulus and opportunities for spontanious urban art among professionals and citizens
- multidisciplinary team of sociologists, cultural managers, designer and architects.
- building a dialogue between European and Russian cities
- follow-up: participation in the projects after they have been done